2022 Workshop Schedule:
• Sept 16th & 17th — Contemplative Photography (To Register Click Here)
Contemplative Photography Workshop
The objective of this workshop is to understand how to utilize the camera as a tool for cultivating mindfulness and learning to clearly see what is, as it is, in the present moment.
There will be two parts:
* Part 1: We will gather at MOI for meditation, instruction, and questions.
* Part 2: Spending the morning walking the Fontenelle Forest boardwalk and practicing the instructions given in Part 1. It will be a gentle and relaxed atmosphere; no strenuous trail hiking.
This workshop is not a photography class. No professional photography equipment or experience is required. All you need is a digital camera and a willingness to perceive deeply and awaken all the senses to the present moment. Photography meditation is a time to slow down, walk mindfully in nature, and practice making images of whatever captivates the eye.
Using lecture, scientific research, interactive exercises, and discussion, 1.5 to 2.0 hour workshops are relevant to the general public as well as educators and practicing health care professionals.
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Addiction
- Mindfulness & Neuroscience
- Foundations of Mindfulness
- Awareness & Equanimity
- Skill In Action, The Art of Living
- Metta, lovingkindness meditation
- Kindness & Self-Compassion
- Being Present, Love & Understanding
- Non-Attachment & Relationships
- Mindfulness & The Craving Mind
- Emptiness & No-Self
- Mindful Leadership: How Self-Awareness & Compassion are Good for Business
- Mindful Leadership: Working & Relating
- Mindful Leadership: Ethics for Every Day
- Change Your Mind, Change Your World
- Contemplative Photography
Instructor – MOI Teachers
Workshop Days & Times – Available Upon Request
Contributions – Practice Generosity