2023 Day Retreat Schedule:
• No day retreats are currently scheduled
MOI hosts Day Retreats at our meditation center located at 3015 Pacific Street in Omaha NE where practitioners can explore longer meditation sessions in preparation for traditional retreats.
In general and as an example: The duration of each meditation session will be 45 minutes with scheduled 15 minute breaks in-between for walking meditation or other mindfulness based activities. Participants will practice noble silence during the retreat schedule. The MOI teacher leading the retreats will give a short talk to introduce the retreat and a dharma talk scheduled midway through the retreat to support and encourage retreatants during their practice.
Day Retreats begin in the morning, please arrive to give yourself time to take your seat at the designated start time.
Example of a Day Retreat Schedule
Saturday (Day of Practice):
- 9:00 am – Retreat Begins
- 9:15 am – Sitting meditation **Silence Begins**
- 10:00 am – Break
- 10:15 am – Sitting meditation
- 11:00 am – Break
- 11:15 am – Sitting meditation
- 12:00 pm – Break
- 12:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Lunch
- 2:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 3:00 pm – Break
- 3:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 4:00 pm – Break
- 4:05pm – 5:00pm – *Teacher Dharma Talk*
- 5:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 6:00 pm – Break
- 6:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 7:00 pm – Break
- 7:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 8:00 pm – Break
- 8:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 9:00 pm – Retreat Ends **Silence Ends**
Meals are nutritious and vegetarian.
Payment offerings for the retreat go directly to the MOI teacher leading the retreat. It is the wish of each teacher to make the retreat accessible to as many people as possible, regardless of their financial situation. Your payment offering reserve your space in the retreat. At the end of the retreat, you will be invited to make an additional contribution to the teacher and to MOI based on:
- Your knowledge of the actual costs of offering the retreat (the value).
- Your sense of the benefits from the retreat to you and your relationships.
- Your interest in seeing this work made more fully available to benefit the community.
You are asked to give from your abundance in a way that honors what you received and honors the truth of your financial situation. The opportunity to make an additional contribution to the teachers and to MOI at the end of your retreat helps support MOI’s mission and the teacher’s efforts to devote time for their own practice, ensuring that their teachings are continuously enriched.
MOI’s deepest aspiration is to share meditation instruction and mindfulness training with all who are interested, regardless of their ability to pay. We count on your generous support to operate our center, to provide affordable rates and to give financial assistance to our retreatants when possible.
Whenever you are inspired to offer a donation, you join a community directly engaged in alleviating suffering and bringing greater wisdom and compassion to the world.