Day Retreat Description:
2020 Day Retreat Schedule:
• March 28: Space for 5 retreatants
• May 16: Space for 5 retreatants – Canceled due to COVID-19
• July 18: Space for 5 retreatants
MOI hosts Day Retreats at our meditation center located at 3015 Pacific Street in Omaha NE where practitioners can explore longer meditation sessions in preparation for traditional retreats.
These Day Retreats will be scheduled on Saturdays, giving participants three options to explore: 4 Session Sits, 6 Session Sits, and 10 Session Sits. The duration of each session will be 45 minutes with scheduled 15 minute breaks in-between for walking meditation or other mindfulness based activities. Participants will practice noble silence during the retreat schedule. The MOI teacher leading the retreats will give a short talk to introduce the retreat and a dharma talk scheduled midway through the retreat to support and encourage retreatants during their practice.
Day Retreats begin at 9:00am, please arrive to give yourself time to take your seat at 9:00am. Tea and fruit are available during the 4 Session Sit breaks. At 1:00pm those participating in the 4 Session Sit will exit the retreat. Lunch is served at 1:00pm for those remaining for the 6 Session and 10 Session Sits. MOI Teacher Dharma Talk is held from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Those participating in the 6 Session Sit will exit the retreat after the MOI Teacher Dharma Talk. The Day Retreat ends for those participating in the 10 Session Sit at 9:00pm.
- 04 Session | 9:00am to 1:00pm | Sustaining: $45; Mid: $35; Base: $25
- 06 Session | 9:00am to 5:00pm | Sustaining: $70; Mid: $60; Base: $50 (Lunch & Dharma Talk Included)
- 10 Session | 9:00am to 9:00pm | Sustaining: $95; Mid: $85; Base: $75 (Lunch & Dharma Talk Included)
Day Retreat Schedule:
Saturday (Day of Practice):
- 9:00 am – Retreat Begins
- 9:15 am – Sitting meditation **Silence Begins**
- 10:00 am – Break
- 10:15 am – Sitting meditation
- 11:00 am – Break
- 11:15 am – Sitting meditation
- 12:00 pm – Break
- 12:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- — 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Lunch —
- 2:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 3:00 pm – Break
- 3:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 4:00 pm – Break
- — 4:05pm – 5:00pm – *Teacher Dharma Talk* —
- 5:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 6:00 pm – Break
- 6:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 7:00 pm – Break
- 7:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 8:00 pm – Break
- 8:15 pm – Sitting meditation
- 9:00 pm – Retreat Ends **Silence Ends**
Meals are nutritious and vegetarian.
The retreat is funded using a sliding scale payment system. The intent of this approach is to make the retreat accessible to as many people as possible, regardless of their financial situation. A base level payment is required to reserve your seat. At the end of the retreat, you will be invited to make an additional contribution to the teachers and to MOI based on:
- Your knowledge of the actual costs of offering the retreat (the value).
- Your sense of the benefits from the retreat to you and your relationships.
- Your interest in seeing this work made more fully available to benefit the community.
You are asked to give from your abundance in a way that honors what you received and honors the truth of your financial situation. The opportunity to make an additional contribution to the teachers and to MOI at the end of your retreat helps support MOI’s mission and the teacher’s efforts to devote time for their own practice, ensuring that their teachings are continuously enriched.
MOI’s deepest aspiration is to share meditation instruction and mindfulness training with all who are interested, regardless of their ability to pay. We count on your generous support to operate our center, to provide affordable rates and to give financial assistance to our retreatants when possible.
Whenever you are inspired to offer a donation, you join a community directly engaged in alleviating suffering and bringing greater wisdom and compassion to the world.
Select session from the drop-down
Click the “Buy Now” button
Enter your payment information
Click the “Pay” button to process payment